Experience the magic as Northeast Florida is transformed into a winter wonderland of lights, candles and laughter.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty is proud to present Luminaria 2017 in neighborhoods throughout Northeast Florida. The luminarias will take place on Sunday, Dec. 17, beginning at dusk. In the event of inclement weather, the luminarias will be moved to Sunday, Dec. 24.
A holiday tradition, luminarias are simple paper bags that are filled with sand and a votive candle. Beginning at dusk, the candles are lit for a spectacular display. Candles light the streets and bring neighbors together for holiday fun and cheer. Luminaria 2017 also supports those in need.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty is offering a limited number of pre-assembled, ready-to-go luminaria kits containing all the necessary materials. Each kit includes six bags, six votive candles and sand. Each luminaria kit is hand made by Pine Castle, a local charity that empowers adults with disabilities through opportunities to learn, work and connect.
Luminaria kits are $5 (check or cash only) and available for pickup at six Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty office locations through Dec. 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., while supplies last. Each luminaria kit lights approximately 25 to 30 feet, and individuals are welcome to purchase as many kits as they need to light their home. Additionally, 100 percent of the proceeds from luminaria kit sales will be donated to local charities including Pine Castle, BEAM, St. Johns CARES and Pace Center for Girls, among others.
“You have to experience a luminaria to truly appreciate and understand how it makes you feel,” said Realtor Lee Elmore who launched the company’s inaugural Luminaria in Atlantic Beach. “It was so incredible to see the streets of Atlantic Beach lined with luminaria, magically transforming our city into a night of lights and a celebration of the holiday season unlike anything we have ever experienced. I am thrilled our event is expanding and more communities in Northeast Florida will enjoy a spectacular night of lights.”
Modeled after Riverside/Avondale’s beloved luminaria, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty’s inaugural event last year was a terrific success, raising $3,700 from luminaria kit sales while bringing friends and neighbors together to celebrate the magic of the holiday season. The funds were donated to local community charitable organizations and the company decided to expand the luminaria to additional branch office communities.
“Our company loves to support events that bring our communities together,” said Broker/Executive Vice President Christy Budnick. “Luminaria 2017 is about community spirit and bringing neighbors together to experience the light and celebrate for greater good during this magical time of year.”
Participants are encouraged to purchase official luminaria kits from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty offices. Proceeds from luminaria kit sales will benefit local non-profit programs and charitable causes. Payment is by check or cash only (please make check payable to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty.) Organizers recommend everyone interested purchase their luminaria kits soon as the company sold out of kits prior to last year’s event.
On the day of the luminaria, participants will light their candles at dusk. With the neighborhood aglow, the company encourages neighbors to organize evening celebrations, such as community block parties or progressive dinners, and stroll through the streets to enjoy the lights.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable evening for residents and visitors alike, organizers encourage walking, biking or the use of golf carts whenever possible. Those visiting are asked to be respectful of property owners and to operate vehicle transportation in a safe and responsible manner. The Luminaria is a fun event for all to enjoy.
“It’s enchanting to be in the midst of thousands of golden-hued luminarias that punctuate every street and walkway in your community,” said Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Founder, President and CEO Linda Sherrer. “We love that the holiday season provides unique opportunities to share holiday cheer and make a positive difference, and we hope everyone will enjoy our luminaria.”
For more information, call (904) 296-1906 or visit http://ift.tt/1fEO8HN.
Information Box 1:
Luminaria 2017 kits are available at the following Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty office locations:
- Avondale/San Marco – 3627 St. Johns Ave., Jacksonville (904) 388-5005
- Atlantic Beach – 375-1 Atlantic Blvd., Atlantic Beach (904) 241-2417
- Fleming Island – 3535 Highway 17, Suite 10, Fleming Island (904) 269-1716
- Murabella/World Golf Village – 196 Capulet Drive, Suite 3, St. Augustine (904) 802-0609
- Ponte Vedra Beach – 333 Village Main St., Suite 670, Ponte Vedra Beach (904) 285-1800
- St. Augustine – 112 Sea Grove Main St., Suite 210, St. Augustine Beach (904) 471-6906
Information Box 2:
In addition to Pine Castle, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Luminaria kit sales will benefit:
- Avondale/San Marco – Rethreaded, Inc.
- Atlantic Beach – Boy Scout Troop #15, Beaches Town Center and BEAM
- Fleming Island/Orange Park – Pace Center for Girls (Clay)
- Murabella/World Golf Village – First Coast Blessings in a Backpack
- Ponte Vedra Beach – St. Johns CARES and Ponte Vedra Public Education Foundation
- St. Augustine – Matanzas Riverkeeper
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty is proud to present holiday luminarias in neighborhoods throughout Northeast Florida on Sunday, Dec. 17, beginning at dusk.
- A holiday tradition, luminarias are simple paper bags that are filled with sand and a votive candle.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty’s inaugural event in 2016 was a success, raising $3,700 from luminaria kit sales while bringing friends and neighbors together to celebrate the magic of the holiday season.